Great recipe, modeling advise and more

Ignorance is not bliss

Content by Sol Rosales

It’s crucial to cover all your bases when starting a small business. I know firsthand! When I got started in the competitive production industry a few years ago I had no idea what I was doing. I’d rented a space on Sunset and assumed the clients would just start pouring in – boy was I wrong! After a couple of months of dormancy, I contacted a marketing agency that hooked me up with the technological tools needed to survive in today’s modern market. They handled everything from domain purchasing to email hosting to securing signage for my store, so I felt like I was in good hands. The agency landed me a great spot in a local trade paper and before I knew it, my phone was ringing. Not off the hook, mind you, but ringing nonetheless. My business has been growing steadily ever since and though I wish I’d known then what I know now, I realize there’s only so many steps you can take before opening a business. The margin for error is huge and so is the learning curve, but there’s only one way to know if you’ll survive!

No comments: